Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Got offer from Prof in Korea to do PG studies

Will I face problems like lack of facilities, equipments, Internet connectivity, enzymes concern, chemical or reagents? Newcomer is provided with own’s laptop? Got many Chinese foods at Yeungnam University? Yeungnam University is located in town or rural area? Got any super/hypermarkets and valuable transportations there? Although living allowances of $400 is lower than what’s offer to me currently, I don’t mind coming Korea if good relationship is maintained. In utp here, PhD student is paid monthly $690 while for Master, is $517. But the cost of living condition here is considerably low, ie cheaper life than in Kuala Lumpur. How about cost of living condition in Yeungnam University? I'll send back to you recommendation letters by tomorrow. I’ve to pay the 100,000 KRW application fee through money orders? On “Original copy of bank statement indicating sponsor’s account balance” the sponsor is Prof Doo HyunNam or my parent? If it’s my parent, both didn’t have account balance over $10,000 (USD). If application successful, is it possible to intercalation or deferment? As I’ll be completing my Master studies by end of this year. Once finish, I’ll straight away come to Korea, and resume the streptomyces project and my doctoral studies. The admission fee and mandatory university fees is really high for me. So did entry visa too, I think so. Can the research grant cover all these after I came to Yeungnam University? If so, the full-coverage of all these is guaranteed?
How about the fees for passport & visa application and one-way go ticket and return ticket? Others I’ll take care of myself financially in Malaysia and Korea. Thanks Prof. Doo HyunNam. I'll send back to you recommendation letters, application forms plus other related documents
 Thanks for perusal. Regards,
Me






ps:

My MSc degree got transcript as I do not attend classes and taking subjects. It is purely research, just like a MPhil. But I can provide you cert. from UTP or its equivalent indicating my finished study on application period.
It is 2.5 years long as there are various obstacles coming in like very long procedures, matters pertaining to labs, fundings, etc. Yet, I almost complete my MSc with zero fundings.
There are some supervisors (SV) in UTP here who hold their respective students longer than stipulated normal 3-years of PhD, just so that students can work on various things for SV free due to lack of students. In order to curb this, utp introduce KPI system where the longer students graduated, the KPI of SV & director of PG studies wil be decreased.








No comments:

Post a Comment